BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

WOW! Where does the time go?

This coming Sunday I'll be celebrating my 51st birthday. Okay, I actually won't be celebrating, but we will mark the day with cake I wager. I tend to get a bit somber around my birthdays. I get to thinking: This year I will have lived 3/4 of my life without my mother by my side. I've outlived her by 15 years! She died before her 37th birthday. My father made it to 53. He'd be 81 this year. I know that they are up in Heaven watching and waiting. I do look forward to that glorious reunion, but as the song goes, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to go now." I love my family here on earth with every fiber in my body. As I watch my mother-in-law go through her trial with cancer up close and personal, I am reminded to treasure every day we have here on this earth with our loved ones.

I love you all very much!!!!

0 comments: