BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Summer Camps





Well, Cub Camp is done for another year! This year our Pack went to Camp Lewis up in Battle Ground. It was the first time I had been there. It was a lot different than Camp Discovery over in Clackamas, Oregon; smaller, but more spread out - if that makes sense. The week started out cool and wet, but by Friday it was up in the 90's. Luckily most of the classes were in the shade. This is Aaron's second year at Cub Camp and he did extremely well at both Archery and BB-Guns - getting Bull's eyes in both! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the one that went right into the white part of the bull's eye.




This morning we sent Jennifer off to Cheer Camp down at Oregon State University. Before she even left the school's parking lot she was texting me that she wanted to come home. I think once she gets there she'll have the same fun as she did last year. She gets back home on Tuesday.

Both Edward and Andrew leave Monday morning for their 50 mile hike. They will be gone all week. Edward will be turning 14 on Wednesday, and it will be the first birthday he won't be home. Ed is going down on Thursday to do a food drop. I hope to be able to send a birthday cake and maybe some ice cream.

The following week Jennifer leaves for Girls Camp up in Nisqually. Ed is planning on going also to be the Priesthood holder on the permises, so it will be just me and the boys. I think we'll have to go do something fun.

0 comments: