BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Extreme Weather


Okay this last winter we had the coldest season in 41 years. We have now broken the heat wave records this summer with 107 degrees! Not fun when the air conditioner is not working. The pool's water isn't even cool anymore. The boys and I have even taken to sleeping outside to try to cool off. Ed and Jennifer are both up in Nisqually at Girls Camp this week. Ed said he made a run to the store just so he could spend a few hours in the air conditioned car. This is Jennifer's final year at Girls Camp as a 6th Year YCL. She has spent several hours working on her devotionals getting ready. I know she and Jessie are going to be very sentimental come Friday night. I'm glad Ed is there with her this year.




Yesterday Aaron and I drove up to the Ape Caves to try to cool off and escape the heat. It is a very nice 42 degrees deep down inside the caves. I didn't want to come back up. As we finally did ascend the stairs leading out my glasses started to fog up as we reached the first landing where the temp increased by 30 degrees. On the trip home we pulled over to get this picture of Aaron and Mt. St. Helens.



Last Saturday while the two older boys were still on their 50-mile hike we went to Long Beach on the Ward Beach Trip, organized by the Singles in our ward. Unfortunately for everyone else, not many people joined (we only had a single single attend) along with us, Brother Hullinger and the Schmit family. It was a bit overcast, but beautiful. Ed and I came home with lovely sun burns. We took Dapple with us. She did very well, although she still does not like the water.

0 comments: