BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fall in the Great Northwest

Today Aaron had his final football game. The weather cooperated for the first part of the game, but in the end the rain started coming down fast and furious. (I think the boys loved playing in the rain, mud, and cold.) By the time the game was over they were drenched. From there Andrew and Edward joined Aaron, me, and some of the other Cub Scouts in our pack to march in the Veterans Day Parade. Not many of them could make it, so we needed our Den Chiefs to help out.





We carried a flag that measures about 8' x 12'. By the time we got to the end of the parade route I think it weighed at least 10 pounds more with all the water. The rain actually held off until we had passed the final review stand, then the sky opened up and it came down hard. At one point one of the other leaders said, "Slow down boys, the Bishop wants to get a picture." My glasses were so wet and steamy that I couldn't see him at all. I always cry at a parade, but this year was even more moving. As the boys passed the review stands, not only did they salute the Veterans in the grandstands, but they also sang "Its a Grand Ole' Flag." We heard a lot of nice comments from the crowd. I'm so proud of my boys.

1 comments:

Christine said...

Hey Chris these are great pictures could you send me them since Nicklas is in them as well. Thanks again for letting him march with you guys!