BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Latest News

Things have been happening in the Mueller Household. Jennifer applied and was accepted to the Disney College Program and will leave for Disney World in January. She will work there for almost 8 months, as she finishes up the first part of August. She'll come home and then head directly back to BYU-Idaho. I guess this will just prepare me for when I can't see or talk to Edward as he will be heading out on a mission here in a short 2.5 years. We've been talking about going down to Orlando as a family while Jennifer is there, as she will be able to get 3 of us in for free. Unfortunately, there seems to be forces working against this plan.

Which brings me to yesterday. I had driven the van to pick up Aaron from his homeschool classes in Battle Ground when we discovered that the front driver's side tire was a little low. When we got home Aaron put some more air in it. Later I drove it over to take dinner to a family in the ward only to have it go completely flat as I drove home. I tried to limp to the church parking lot (only a few blocks away), but alas, the tire had different plans. The tire decided to come completely off the rim. When I pulled over to change it I discovered that the proper tools were not put back into my van after the brakes were fixed. Luckily a gentleman across the street where I stopped came over and helped me until Brother Nuffer and Ed came to the rescue. The van needs 4 new tires (by law you can't replace only 1 due to the fact that it is an all wheel drive). Let's talk costly! [I am very thankful that it decided to go flat when it did instead of somewhere on the freeway driving 55 mph when Ed drove youth to the temple on Friday night. If that doesn't make you a believer in prayers said before road trips, I don't know what will.]

Next, way back in July as Edward was driving back from his allergy appointment over in Portland, I accidentally had him heading to Emanuel Hospital instead of Providence. As he was driving down an unfamiliar McLoughlin road the lane he was in turned into an exit only lane. As we didn't want to go across the Ross Island Bridge he needed to get over. Unfortunately there was a semi along side of him. I told him to speed up so he could pass it before the lane exited. That's when the Photo Radar Camera caught him. Well, we just received a notice in the mail Saturday that said we had failed to appear for our court date and thus a quilty plea had been entered for us and a fine of $251.00 had been assessed. I called yesterday to tell them that it wasn't Edward J. Mueller driving the vehicle (as the citation states) and that we never received the original citation, but they didn't really care.

On a happier note, yesterday's JV football game was at McKenzie Stadium against Battle Ground and a) no one got hurt so no ambulance was needed, b) Edward got to play, and c) while the defense didn't play well and allowed Battle Ground to score the go ahead touch down with only 15 seconds left in the game, the offense came through and our QB managed to scramble out of two sacks to throw the football 40 yards to a wide open receiver who ran it in for a touch down as time expired! What a game!!!

1 comments:

Jennifer Mueller said...

WOW!!! JERKS!!! I'd seriously go down to the courthouse and yell at some people! thats just RUDE!!!