
This last week the two older boys, Edward and Andrew, got to experience one of the funnest youth activities the church does for them - a re-enactment of the Mormon trail, or a trek. The youth are dressed in pioneer garb, taken up to Mt. Hood and the Barlow Trail, given all their gear (which fits into a 5 gallon bucket) and a sleeping bag, and then they hike part of the same trial the pioneers did as they came into this land for 3 days. By the time they are done they are exhuasted, dirty, and hungry, but they have also been spiritually fed. It is a wonderful experience.


Jennifer has gone on two Treks before, but now that she is an adult, she had to stay behind. That just meant that she got to go up with Ed and I when we met the group to welcome them into "the Valley". Ed was helping with the final meal, cooking up over 250 lbs. of Manti Chicken and 11 cases of corn on the cob. I helped serve the corn, so I wasn't able to get a lot of pictures, so I was glad Jennifer was there to take some for me. The boys had a blast, as did most everyone who went along.

0 comments:
Post a Comment