Ed and I dropped Jennifer off at BYU-Idaho yesterday. We had teased her that we were just going to slow the truck down slow enough for her to jump out, but we did end up parking and spending several hours helping her unpack and set up her dorm room.
She shares the room with a girl named Cassie from Florida. She is extremely nice and I think will be a good fit for Jennifer.
Everyone warned me how much they cried when they left their daughters at BYU-I, but I think I was as excited as Jennifer for her to start this new chapter in her life. Yes, I miss her already, but I love the fact that she can text me or call me any time. Back when I was in college, we had to call long distance collect - very expensive - so I wasn't able to do it much. This way it doesn't seem as hard to let her go.
0 comments:
Post a Comment