BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's Freezing out there!!!!


We just might end up with a white Christmas after all. All last week the weather men had been predicting a huge snow storm to roll through. Last Monday, Edward's school districts both closed in anticipation. (Nothing ever came.) On Wednesday, church cancelled mutual for fear of the youth driving on ice (that never came). It did snow some on Thursday, but Jennifer, Andrew, and Aaron all had school (Edward still did not). Friday morning we woke up to about an inch of snow and all the schools closed. The temperatures had dropped last week causing the top of the pool to freeze. There was about an inch of ice on most of the pool. Edward took his life in his hands as he set up the camera to catch this shot of him "walking on water."


Yesterday the snow came down in earnest. We had about 5 inches which the kids enjoyed playing in. Dapple loves the snow as well. Last night the freezing rain rolled in and dropped about an inch on top of the snow, causing Bishop to call off church this morning. The snow is once again falling. I'm so glad that we have followed the counsel given to have food storage. We might need it.

2 comments:

Shelly's Space said...

Now that is a COOL picture!!! I'm rather enjoying the snow, though it's bad for the economy....AND... I still have a few things to buy. Hopefully it will get better Monday:)

Christine said...

That is an awsome picture! I think I would've been a bit nervous to stand on the ice though, what a brave soul.